Dry installation on grass. Walkways, barbecue areas and open-air gazebos: with dry laying on grass, any green space can be furnished in every detail, offering new ways to experience the outdoors in total freedom. Placing XT20 slabs on the ground preserves the turf and prevents damage from heavy loads or trampling. The dry system on grass is suitable for both private garden solutions and large public areas.
Instructions for dry installation on grass
1. Substrate preparation
- Lay the slabs on the ground to define their layout and the pace length (in the case of walkways), so that the slabs are equidistant from each other.
- Mark out the edge of each slab with a spade.
- Lift off the slab and remove the turf to a depth of about 5-6 cm.
2. Laying surface
- Spread a layer of gravel to ensure the substrate is even and stable. Ragno recommends a layer of at least 3 cm of gravel with particle size over 4 mm.
3. Slab installation
- Position the slabs with a difference of 0.5-1 cm from the ground level to even out the walking surface.
- Using a rubber mallet, compact the edges to even out the slab with the ground.
4. Creation of joints
- The joints between the ceramic slabs should be chosen depending on the overall appearance required.